[comp.graphics] seeking pd polygon set-operation code

dwt@zippy.eecs.umich.edu (David West) (12/19/87)

Can anyone give me pointers to any public domain code ,preferably Pascal,
for doing general polygon set-operations?  In particular, non-convex polygons
must be handled.
The method described by K. Weiler in SIGGRAPH 80 ("Polygon comparison using a
graph representation") is the kind of thing I'm looking for (or any improved
version), particularly as it handles more than two polygons, and compiles
everything into a structure that implicitly contains the answers to any of a
large number of geometric queries about the polygons.
Anyone have a current net address for Kevin Weiler?
Please reply directly, as I don't usually read this newsgroup.  Thanks,

-David West   dhw%iti@umix.cc.umich.edu   dwt@zippy.eecs.umich.edu

eric@sarin.UUCP (Eric Beser K3UHF) (12/24/87)

In article <658@zippy.eecs.umich.edu>, dwt@zippy.eecs.umich.edu (David West) writes:
> Can anyone give me pointers to any public domain code ,preferably Pascal,
> for doing general polygon set-operations?  In particular, non-convex polygons
> must be handled.

> Anyone have a current net address for Kevin Weiler?
> Please reply directly, as I don't usually read this newsgroup.  Thanks,
>
> -David West   dhw%iti@umix.cc.umich.edu   dwt@zippy.eecs.umich.edu

please reply to the net, as I would like to get this information
as well.

Thanks,

Eric L. Beser
Ada Technology Coordinator