[comp.graphics] Non-standard compensation tables for Matrix QCR?

ellenberger@weiner.dec.com (and Jeff said, 'let there be PEX' and it was, well...) (01/09/88)

We are sending rendered images to a QCR Matrix camera for film recording.  By
default the 35mm module loads the intensity and color tables for Kodak
Ektachrome.  In order to use other film your program has to supply the
intensity and color table values to properly expose that particular type of
film.  Matrix does not have any information on other films and we don't have
the equipment to derive this ourselves.

Has anyone out there managed to come up with the table values for common films
like Vericolor 100, etc?

(I called Matrix and they don't seem to know much beyond how to turn the power
 on--do they make this thing or do they resell it?)

John Ellenberger
Digital High Performance Workstations

dave@onfcanim.UUCP (Dave Martindale) (01/18/88)

In article <8801082353.AA04883@decwrl.dec.com> ellenberger@weiner.dec.com writes:
>(I called Matrix and they don't seem to know much beyond how to turn the power
> on--do they make this thing or do they resell it?)

The QCR and siblings are actually made by Imapro, somewhere near Ottawa,
Canada.

We don't have one, so I don't have any precomputed tables to offer.