[comp.graphics] Looking for Floyd/Steinberg Dithering paper.

naughton@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Patrick Naughton) (02/20/88)

I am looking for the original article on F/S Dithering...

Floyd, R.W. and Steinberg, L. "An Adaptive Algorithm for Spatial Gray Scale."
SID 75m Int. Symp. Dig. Tech. Papers (1975), p. 36.

SID == Society of Information Display ???

I checked our library and did a computer search for inter-library loan and
came up blank in New York State, so it could take weeks to get it through
I-L loan...

What I am hoping for is someone who has an old copy lying around can U.S.Mail
it or Fax it or OCR it and use e-mail.

Maybe someone from SID or ACM SIGGRAPH can help?

Thanks in advance...

-Patrick
		|  Internet: naughton@sun.soe.clarkson.edu  |
		|  BITNET:   naughton@CLUTX.BITNET          |
		|  uucp:     {rpics, gould}!clutx!naughton  |
		|___________________________________________|

lou@bearcat.rutgers.edu (Lou Steinberg) (02/25/88)

To: naughton@sun.soe.clarkson.edu

In article <444@sun.soe.clarkson.edu> naughton@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Patrick Naughton) writes:

> I am looking for the original article on F/S Dithering...
>
> Floyd, R.W. and Steinberg, L. "An Adaptive Algorithm for Spatial Gray Scale."
> SID 75m Int. Symp. Dig. Tech. Papers (1975), p. 36.

A more available reference is (same authors and title) Proceedings of
the Society for Information Display, v. 17 no. 2, 2nd quarter 1976.

I can send you a copy if you will send me your physical mail address.
--
					Lou Steinberg

uucp:   {pretty much any major site}!rutgers!aramis.rutgers.edu!lou
arpa:   lou@aramis.rutgers.edu