[comp.graphics] Digitized Images

kellygo@lear.steinmetz (geoffrey o kelly) (03/15/88)

Hello:

I am looking for color separated Digitized RGB images.
Preferably, the images should be at least 512 by 512 but
of course, any images would be muchly appreciated.

There was a posting in this newsgroup not too long ago
pointing out that a digitized image of "the mandril" was
available via anonymous ftp on hc.dspo.gov.  Images of this
general format are exactly what I am looking for.

Please respond by e-mail...if there is sufficient feedback and
anything worth summarizing is received I will summarize in a
couple of weeks.

Thanks

Geoff Kelly		><	ARPA: kellygo@ge-crd.arpa
GE Corporate R&D	><	UUCP: seismo!rochester!steinmetz!crd!kellygo
Schenectady, NY	12301	><	(518) 387-6630 or (518) 387-5119

In article <9932@steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP> kellygo@lear.steinmetz () writes:

>Hello:
>
>I am looking for color separated Digitized RGB images.
>Preferably, the images should be at least 512 by 512 but
>of course, any images would be muchly appreciated.

Ask anybody with an amiga. A $140 device called _Digi-View_ is probably
the cheapest way to digitze an image. There are lots of them out there.

Yes, the format will be a wierd thing called "IFF", but routines exists
to read this format and disply on a generic bitmapped display via a
write pixel kind of thingy.

Amazingly enough, of the millions of images people have digitized
with their Amigas, a few of them were not nekkid women.

--
                      "...(alright Nils, alright)..."
                          richard@gryphon.CTS.COM