[comp.graphics] Introduction to Raytracing

gleicher@duke.cs.duke.edu (Michael Gleicher) (03/26/88)

HELP!

I need to learn about ray tracing. Can someone recommend a good
place to start?

I was told the best place is the course notes from the 1987 SIGGRAPH
course on ray tracing. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of
this? Does anyone have a copy they can either lend me, sell me, give me,
or photocopy for me?

Thanks,

	Mike
Michael Lee Gleicher			(-: If it looks like I'm wandering
	Duke University			(-:    around like I'm lost . . .
E-Mail: gleicher@cs.duke.edu)(or uucp	(-:
Or P.O.B. 5899 D.S., Durham, NC 27706	(-:   It's because I am!

leo@bigboy.wyse.com (Leo) (03/29/88)

In article <11405@duke.cs.duke.edu> gleicher@duke.cs.duke.edu (Michael Gleicher) writes:
>I need to learn about ray tracing. Can someone recommend a good
>place to start?
>
>I was told the best place is the course notes from the 1987 SIGGRAPH
>course on ray tracing. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of
>this? Does anyone have a copy they can either lend me, sell me, give me,
>or photocopy for me?

	I would also be interested. If someone has the notes to copy
	please also contact me. Thanks again.
| Leo A. Hejza					UUCP: leo@bigboy              |
| WYSE Technology Inc.				PacTel: (408)433-1000 x1351   |
| 3571 N. First St.                                                           |
| San Jose, Ca. 95134                                                         |