[comp.graphics] DBW Render V2.0

wecker@child.dec.com (Official DEC Houseplant) (04/01/88)

-> I have a copy of the DPW graphics system... [...]
-> Has anybody heard of or seen this before?

If you are interested in the official release of V2.0 (complete rewrite),
contact:

	William T. Baldridage
	2650 Sherwood Lane
	Pueblo CO,  81005

dave	ENET:	CHILD::WECKER - DTN: 522_3873 - MS: CXO1-2/N22
	USENET:	decwrl!child.dec.com!wecker
	ARPA:	wecker%child.dec.com@decwrl.dec.com
	SNAIL:	115 Palm Springs Drive, Colorado Springs CO 80921

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed are my own and in no way should be taken
            as representative of my employer Digital Equipment Corporation.

rsb584@leah.Albany.Edu (Raymond S Brand) (04/03/88)

In article <8803311603.AA00546@decwrl.dec.com>, wecker@child.dec.com (Official DEC Houseplant) writes:

> -> I have a copy of the DPW graphics system... [...]
> -> Has anybody heard of or seen this before?
>
> If you are interested in the official release of V2.0 (complete rewrite),
> contact:
>
> 	William T. Baldridage
> 	2650 Sherwood Lane
> 	Pueblo CO,  81005
> dave	ENET:	CHILD::WECKER - DTN: 522_3873 - MS: CXO1-2/N22
> 	USENET:	decwrl!child.dec.com!wecker
> 	ARPA:	wecker%child.dec.com@decwrl.dec.com
> 	SNAIL:	115 Palm Springs Drive, Colorado Springs CO 80921

Just a couple of problems with 2.0, it crashes on my amiga, has some form of
copy-protection and source isn't available.

Point 1: The demo scripts that come with the package don't work. I've been in
contact with Bill and he tells me they work on his machine, but they still
crash my machine with corrupt memory list errors or addressing exceptions.

Point 2: Whats the point? It gets in the way of serious use.

Point 3: Has the situation changed or does DEC stil think that Commodore is
competing with them?

					RSBX
					Still hacking v1.0