[comp.graphics] Berkeley Thesis Reprints?

shirley@m.cs.uiuc.edu (06/28/88)

In the most recent COMPUTER GRAPHICS (April '88), there is a listing
of abstracts for computer graphics theses.  There are several interesting
theses listed from Berkeley, but there is no ordering info.  Does
anyone know if Berkeley has a distribution system?  If not, I'll
write the authors.

Thanks,

Peter Shirley
U of Illinois at UC

plin@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Paul Linhardt) (07/01/88)

In article <4400022@m.cs.uiuc.edu>, shirley@m.cs.uiuc.edu writes:
> In the most recent COMPUTER GRAPHICS (April '88), there is a listing
> of abstracts for computer graphics theses.  There are several interesting
> theses listed from Berkeley, but there is no ordering info.  Does
> anyone know if Berkeley has a distribution system?  If not, I'll
> write the authors.

Just about any thesis can be ordered from University Microfilms International
at 800/521-3042.  They cost $28 each.  I find it a lot cheaper and just
as efficent to call the department in question and request a copy.  They
are very used to handling such requests and generally just charge copying
cost.

About the EUROGRAPHICS conference you mentioned...When is it?  How can I
get a copy of the program?  Who should I write to?

I'm looking for work in Europe in the areas of 3D graphics or computer
vision.  I thought I might go to a conference or two to make contacts.
Does anyone have any suggestions about good European conferences?

Thanks in advance,
plin@media-lab.mit.edu

jge@rho.cs.unc.edu (John Eyles) (07/01/88)

In article <2688@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU> plin@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Paul Linhardt) writes:
>About the EUROGRAPHICS conference you mentioned...When is it?  How can I
>get a copy of the program?  Who should I write to?

EUROGRAPHICS '88 is in Nice France (on the French Riviera) September 12-16.
Organization is fairly similar to SIGGRAPH, with tutorials Monday and Tuesday,
technical sessions Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, an evening film and video
show Thursday night, and so forth.

Info can be obtained from:

	INRIA
	Service des Relations Exterieures
	Domaine de Voluceau - B. P. 105
	78153 Le Chesnay Cedex, France

	Tel: 33-1-39-63-55-01

They suggest contacting Travelmania (800-227-1146) for airfare deals
from the US.

Early registration deadline is July 18th.

(All of the above information is from the advance program).