[comp.graphics] clipper

mcvey@sal24.usc.edu (Stephanie Salsbury Mc Vey) (07/13/88)

hello to all of you byte burners !!!
after my Cordic frenzy that resulted into a better knowledge of things past
and present, I am currently looking for a fast 2-d clipper .
I have 2 algorithms (one that uses the general euqation for a line -> division
is used and the other one that uses the halfpoint subdivion of the line to
find the its intersection with the borders of the screen )

Now I am looking for a faster clipper routine . Any geniuses among you ?

                  run_dmc VEY

hiramc@sco.COM (Hiram Clawson) (07/15/88)

In article <1116@nunki.usc.edu> mcvey@sal24.usc.edu (Stephanie Salsbury Mc Vey) writes:
>             I am currently looking for a fast 2-d clipper.
>I have 2 algorithms (one that uses the general euqation for a line -> division
>is used and the other one that uses the halfpoint subdivion of the line to

Is one of those the algorithm published in SIGGRAPH proceedings
of 1987?  The algorithm there claims to be one of the fastest,
with appropriate charts and graphs to prove it.

Check it out.  SIGGRAPH conference proceedings of 1987.

--Hiram

--
|            Negativism?  We don't need no stinking negativism!               |
|Hiram Clawson - Engineer/Programmer-Graphics    |1700 Mission St., CA 95061  |