[comp.graphics] fax encoding

yuval@taux01.UUCP (Gideon Yuval) (06/30/88)

Have  the  CCITT  image-compression  algorithms   for   T.4   and   T.6   fax
transmission been published  anywhere  (except  the  CCITT  red  books)?  are
public-domain versions of these algorithms available?
--
Gideon Yuval, yuval@taux01.nsc.com, +972-2-690992 (home) ,-52-522255(work)
 Paper-mail: National Semiconductor, 6 Maskit St., Herzliyah, Israel

terry@wsccs.UUCP (Every system needs one) (07/16/88)

In article <793@taux01.UUCP>, yuval@taux01.UUCP (Gideon Yuval) writes:
> Have  the  CCITT  image-compression  algorithms   for   T.4   and   T.6   fax
> transmission been published  anywhere  (except  the  CCITT  red  books)?  are
> public-domain versions of these algorithms available?

	This is highly interesting to me, too...

| Terry Lambert           UUCP: ...{ decvax, ihnp4 } ...utah-cs!century!terry |
| @ Century Software        OR: ...utah-cs!uplherc!sp7040!obie!wsccs!terry    |
| SLC, Utah                                                                   |
|                   These opinions are not my companies, but if you find them |
|                   useful, send a $20.00 donation to Brisbane Australia...   |
| 'Signatures; it's not how long you make them, it's how you make them long!' |