[comp.graphics] CG&A question

shirley@m.cs.uiuc.edu (07/27/88)

What's the usual turn-around time for IEEE CG&A papers?  Also, why
did they switch to a bimonthly schedule?  Lack of submissions?

Thanks,

Peter Shirley

	UUCP:	{pur-ee,convex,inhp4}!uiucdcs!shirley
	ARPA:	shirley@cs.uiuc.edu
	CSNET:	shirley%uiuc@csnet-relay

ksbooth@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Kelly Booth) (07/29/88)

In article <4400024@m.cs.uiuc.edu> shirley@m.cs.uiuc.edu writes:
>What's the usual turn-around time for IEEE CG&A papers?  Also, why
>did they switch to a bimonthly schedule?  Lack of submissions?

You can send e-mail to CG&A with your questions using the address
"intermail@b.isi.edu" and beginning the body of your message with
the following Intermail routing information.

: Forward: compmail
: To: cga.one
:
: <your message goes here>

Note that the blank line after the "To:" line is necessary to separate
the routing information from the message body.

context@june.cs.washington.edu (Ronald Blanford) (07/30/88)

My information is that CG&A is going to the bimonthly publication
schedule because they have overspent their budget by about $50,000 for
each of the last couple of years.  This is in part due to extensive
use of color, and in part due to a large full-time staff of rewrite
editors.

I don't know what their average turnaround is on reviews, but I've been
waiting for 7 months now.  By way of comparison, I waited 15 months
before hearing back from CVGIP (accepted).