[comp.graphics] 34010

richter@mosaic.dec.com (Conservatively Liberal Anarchist) (08/23/88)

> "decwrl!ucbvax!hplabs!pyramid!wjvax!curl" writes:
>I am hoping to find a graphics package or related utilities for use
>with a TMS34010 graphics processor.  Any information will be greatly
>appreciated.  Thanks.

This is kind of like saying: "I'd like to find a spreadsheet program
to use on an 8088".

You need to specify which host operating environment (MS-DOS, UNIX,
Mac, etc.) you're interested in, because the SW you are inquiring
about is going to require a host based portion for I/O. Also, it's very
important to specify whose implementation of the 34010 you're
interested in support for. A short list of vendors includes Number Nine,
Imagraph, Matrox, Truevision, Renaissance GRX, Bell Technologies, and
TI (they have a development board). Virtually each one of these vendors
has something special on their boards that requires custom software
in order to use it properly. If you can be more specific, perhaps
I can provide some more concise answers.

Jake Richter                       - "My comments do not necessarily
decwrl!mosaic.dec.com!richter         reflect the views of the company whose
MCI & BIX: jrichter                   MAIL system I happen to be using."