[comp.graphics] CAT Scans

rezac@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (10/01/88)

Does anyone know of an PD code to display CAT scanned images on a PC or
Macintosh?

The data scans in as a series of 512X512 picture 12 bits per pixel?

Any information is appreciated.

eric@hector.UUCP (Eric Lavitsky) (10/03/88)

In article <141@deimos.cis.ksu.edu> rezac@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>Does anyone know of an PD code to display CAT scanned images on a PC or
>Macintosh?
>
>The data scans in as a series of 512X512 picture 12 bits per pixel?
>
>Any information is appreciated.

While I can't tell you of one for the Mac or IBM, I can point you to
one available for the Amiga. Here follows the description from The
Fred Fish Disk Collection, #137 :

Ct		An Amiga program to display images from a CT scanner,
		along with several interesting sample images of scans
		of real people, including a skull, brain, heart, and
		spine.	Each image is 256 by 256 pixels in 2048 gray
		scale.	The display software, though it has a primitive
		user interface, is quite powerful, including functions
		like convolutions, averaging, laplacians, unsharp
		masking, edge detection, gradients, etc.  Binary only.
		Author:	 Jonathan Harman

You may want to get hold of this an try contacting the author for
more info/help. Or you may just want to go out and get an Amiga and
use this :-) (sorry, I couldn't resist)... Oh, and the Fish Disks are
available at any good local Amiga User Group.

-Eric

ARPA:	eric@topaz.rutgers.edu or eric@ulysses.att.com
UUCP:	{att,ucbvax}!ulysses!eric or {wherever!}rutgers!topaz!eric
SNAIL:	34 Maplehurst Ln, Piscataway, NJ 08854

"To err is human; To really f*ck up requires the root password."