[comp.graphics] CAT Scan Reminder

ncgus@ndsuvax.UUCP (Jim Gustafson) (10/07/88)

In article <141@deimos.cis.ksu.edu> rezac@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
| Does anyone know of an PD code to display CAT scanned images on a PC or
| Macintosh?
|
| The data scans in as a series of 512X512 picture 12 bits per pixel?
|
| Any information is appreciated.

While the requestor specifically asked for PD scan images, I'd just like
to remind everyone that most (if not all) CT data formats are propriatory.

Also, care must be taken to protect all patients' rights, etc. whenever CT
image data drifts out into the public domain, etc.

Nuf said, etc.
--
Jim Gustafson			UUCP:     uunet!ndsuvax!ncgus
North Dakota State University 	Bitnet:	  ncgus@ndsuvax

cfchiesa@bsu-cs.UUCP (Christopher Chiesa) (10/12/88)

In article <1469@ndsuvax.UUCP>, ncgus@ndsuvax.UUCP (Jim Gustafson) writes:
 > In article <141@deimos.cis.ksu.edu> rezac@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
 > | Does anyone know of an PD code to display CAT scanned images on a PC or
 > | Macintosh?
 > |
 >[...]
 > While the requestor specifically asked for PD scan images, I'd just like
 > to remind everyone that most (if not all) CT data formats are propriatory.
 >
 > Also, care must be taken to protect all patients' rights, etc. whenever CT
 > image data drifts out into the public domain, etc.

I'm a bit behind in this group so forgive me if this has already been beaten
to death...

I just obtained a bunch of PD disks for an Amiga 1000, which among many other
things included a CAT scan image viewer/processor program.  I don't know if
that fits the bill -- heck, maybe rezac@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu SAW this and that's
what gave him (?) the idea in the first place...  but I thought I'd mention
it...   It DOES come with several "images of actual humans," who are NOT iden-
tified nor described.  That line  ( ^^^^^ etc.) is ALL that is said about them
-- does that protect their rights sufficiently, or not?  Just curious...
--
UUCP: <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee,uunet}!bsu-cs!cfchiesa
cfchiesa@bsu-cs.UUCP