[comp.graphics] PS screen fonts with MS-Windows

jonnyg@umd5.umd.edu (Jon Greenblatt) (10/25/88)

In article <293@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au> cie590l@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au writes:
>Does anyone know how to get hold of the Adobe screen fonts which correspond
>to the built-in fonts in Postscript printers. I am particularly interested in
>the use of these screen fonts with Microsoft Windows. I have it on good auth-
>ority that these screen fonts have been placed in the Adobe Forum on
>the Compuserve Information service by Adobe themselves. There is also an
>installation program called PSDOWN.EXE.
>
>Are the fonts available on this network, or available from Adobe's file
>server? Does someone in Australia have a copy?
>
>Thanks,
>Roger Hadgraft,

	I had the same problem using actor in MS-WINDOWS. I used the
Hershey fonts available from UUNET. I re-encoded these fonts and wrote
a font system that handled these fonts in the same manner as postscript.
The main addition was an assotiated scaling matrix with the font
which consisted of an 6 element array of the form:

	[ xx xy yx yy cx cx]

which corresponds to postript's format. The Actor code does little good in
helping you with your C programming but these Ideas should
help. If you do not have access to UUNET, talk to your local network
administrator, I do not have time to be a font distributer.

	The Hershey fonts match most of the popular Adobe fonts. As I
remeber the Hershey fonts are in volume 4 of the UUNET archives.

					JonnyG.