[comp.graphics] 80386 PHIGS product available?

cwc@calmasd.GE.COM (Walt Croom) (11/29/88)

Can anyone identify a commercially available 3D PHIGS or PHIGS-like product
for an 80386 workstation running Unix and X11 - something similar to TGS
Figaro or Ardent's Dore'? Thanks -

Walt Croom                 cwc@calmasd.GE.COM
Calma Company              ph. 619-587-3273
9805 Scranton Road
San Diego, CA 92121-1765

Sandeep Mehta@bebop (Sandeep Mehta) (11/30/88)

In article <155@calmasd.GE.COM>, cwc@calmasd (Walt Croom) writes:
>Can anyone identify a commercially available 3D PHIGS or PHIGS-like product
>for an 80386 workstation running Unix and X11 - something similar to TGS
>Figaro or Ardent's Dore'? Thanks -

You could get the SunPHIGS source license and port it to your 386. SunPHIGS is
probably supported on Sun's 386i platform. As far as X11 compatibility I am not
sure. I do know that the FIGARO libraries I have only run w/ X11 on HP-UX.

sandeep
--
Sandeep Mehta                                       ...to be or not to bop !
uunet!philabs!bebop!sxm                             sxm@philabs.philips.com