[comp.graphics] SIGGRAPH Film and Video Show

ewhac@well.UUCP (Leo L. Schwab) (12/08/88)

[ The Ray hits the Sphere  --more-- ]

	Someone told me yesterday that SIGGRAPH is now accepting entries/
applications for the Film and Video show next year.

	1: Is this true?

	2: Could some kind soul out there enlighten us Village Idiots and
tell us where one should send [e]mail to procure an entry form?

	Thanks.

Leo L. Schwab -- The Guy in The Cape	INET: well!ewhac@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU
 \_ -_		Recumbent Bikes:	UUCP: pacbell > !{well,unicom}!ewhac

u-jmolse%sunset.utah.edu@wasatch.UUCP (John M. Olsen) (12/09/88)

In article <7865@well.UUCP> Leo writes:
>[ The Ray hits the Sphere  --more-- ]

A sign of a true game addict.

>	Someone told me yesterday that SIGGRAPH is now accepting entries/
>applications for the Film and Video show next year.

>	1: Is this true?

Sure is.

>	2: Could some kind soul out there enlighten us Village Idiots and
>tell us where one should send [e]mail to procure an entry form?

I quote from a flier sent to all SIGGRAPH members: (What?!  You're not in
SIGGRAPH?)

---------------
A special effort is being made to include live performance and stereoscopic
3-D movies.  The deadline for entries is Tuesday, 9 May 1989.
Contributors are encouraged to call the SIGGRAPH conference management
office at 312-644-6610 to request a guide for contributors.  This guide
provides further detail, entry guidelines, the reviewing process for the
SIGGRAPH computer graphics theater, and the address to which entries
should be sent.
----------------
>Leo L. Schwab -- The Guy in The Cape	INET: well!ewhac@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU

/\/\ /|  |    /||| /\|       | John M. Olsen, 1547 Jamestown Drive  /\/\
\/\/ \|()|\|\_ |||.\/|/)@|\_ | Salt Lake City, UT  84121-2051       \/\/
/\/\  |  u-jmolse%ug@cs.utah.edu or ...!utah-cs!utah-ug!u-jmolse    /\/\
\/\/             "A full mailbox is a happy mailbox"                \/\/

ksbooth@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Kelly Booth) (12/09/88)

In article <7865@well.UUCP> ewhac@well.UUCP (Leo 'Bols Ewhac' Schwab) writes:

>	Someone told me yesterday that SIGGRAPH is now accepting entries/
>applications for the Film and Video show next year.
>
>	1: Is this true?
>
>	2: Could some kind soul out there enlighten us Village Idiots and
>tell us where one should send [e]mail to procure an entry form?

Information concerning SIGGRAPH (just about any aspect of it) can be obtained
by sending e-mail to:

	siggraph@cgl.waterloo.edu
	siggraph@cgl.uwaterloo.ca

Messages will be replied to immediately, or will be passed on to the
appropriate people with the answers.

For the request above, see the call for participation for SIGGRAPH '89.
The due date for Film and Video submissions is May 9 (NOTE:  The dates
differ for other types of submissions, such as papers, panels, courses,
art show, etc.).  Contact the SIGGRAPH '89 Film and Video Show directly
for further information.

Look in the SIGGRAPH newsletter "Computer Graphics" 22:5 (October,
1988) p. 310 for the complete call.  A fairly up-to-date list of
SIGGRAPH-related dates is given in each issue of the newsletter.

vonzelow@adobe.COM (Jon von Zelowitz) (12/10/88)

From the SIGGRAPH '88 Program, here is a summary of things you
can submit for next year, and where you can submit 'em to:

Thing                 Deadline               Net Address
---------------       -----------            ---------------------
papers                10 Jan 89              lane@decwse.dec.com
panel proposals       10 Jan 89              bj@lanl.gov
course proposals      10 Jan 89              pruitt@milrat.dec.com
films                  9 May 89              call 312-644-6610 for info
art essays            10 Jan 89              resch@yy.cicg.rpi.edu
art items              9 May 89              "
slides                24 Mar 89              bruce_brown@3d.dec.com
student volunteers    ?                      312-644-6610

The phone number above is for:
Smith Bucklin and Associates Inc
111 E. Wacker Drive
Suite 600
Chicago, IL 60601 USA
...who are the conference managers. They can probably answer your
various esoteric questions also.

There is also a "call for teapots," requesting computer generated
teapots. (A long-running CG inside joke...) Send 'em to bruce_brown
at the address above.

The conference is to be held in Boston MA, Jul 31 - Aug 1.