[comp.graphics] Info on leanardo package?

matthew@mist.cs.orst.edu (Matthew S McGillis) (01/14/89)

	Has any one used or heard of a new CAD/graphics package called
				Leanardo.

				Matthew
				matthew@CS.ORST.EDU

bickel@nprdc.arpa (Steven Bickel) (01/16/89)

In article <8254@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> matthew@mist.cs.orst.edu (Matthew S McGillis) writes:

>	Has any one used or heard of a new CAD/graphics package called
>				Leanardo.

     Leonardo is the package we have been interested in buying for quite
     some time for our Color Suns.  Our Sun rep told us to wait until mid
     march because they may purchase the company that developed Leonardo
     and its price should drop.  For the time being its just hearsay but
     we decided to wait.

Steve Bickel

          Steve Bickel                          bickel@nprdc.arpa
	  Systems Engineering Assoc.            (619) 553-9306
	  Naval Personel R & D Center.

bickel@nprdc.arpa (Steven Bickel) (01/19/89)

   Retraction of misinformation. Oops, I apologize to those I misinformed.

In article <1339@arctic.nprdc.arpa> bickel@nprdc.arpa (Steven Bickel) I wrote:
>In article <8254@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> matthew@mist.cs.orst.edu (Matthew S McGillis) writes:
>>
>>	Has any one used or heard of a new CAD/graphics package called
>>				Leanardo.
>
>     Leonardo is the package we have been interested in buying for quite
>     some time for our Color Suns.  Our Sun rep told us to wait until mid
>     march because they may purchase the company that developed Leonardo
>     and its price should drop.  For the time being its just hearsay but
>     we decided to wait.

    I mixed up my companies.  Sun was not going to buy the developer of
    Leonardo but may buy another graphics company that does not directly
    compete with the Leonardo company.  We are waiting to buy Leonardo for
    unrelated reasons. I was home sick (food poisoning) when I wrote this
    (true story :-) ) and believe me my desire to do something productive
    was clouded by delerium.  At any rate the Sun rep has alot of nice
    things to say about Leonardo.

In article <1339@arctic.nprdc.arpa> bickel@nprdc.arpa (Steven Bickel) writes:
>In article <8254@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> matthew@mist.cs.orst.edu (Matthew S McGillis) writes:
>>
>>	Has any one used or heard of a new CAD/graphics package called
>>				Leanardo.
>
>     Leonardo is the package we have been interested in buying for quite
>     some time for our Color Suns.  Our Sun rep told us to wait until mid
>     march because they may purchase the company that developed Leonardo
>     and its price should drop.  For the time being its just hearsay but
>     we decided to wait.

     Whats accurate about the above statement?

     For the record, our Sun rep told us the following:
     "In March there would be a local demonstration of quality vendor
     software that Sun supports and that might better suit our needs."
     "Leonardo (One of the Vendors) might provide what we are interested in."
     And is one of the better packages that we have seen ourselves but have
     not taken a close enough look at. "One company, no longer distributes the
     product we currently use and we might be better off waiting
     until we knew what would work best as its upgrade and replacement. Sun
     may supply much of the features we desire in the NeWS or OpenLook
     software for instance."  Memory is often unpredictable and I wish the
     building would stop moving as well.  :-)