[comp.graphics] Siggraph film & video query

kelvin@cs.utexas.edu (Kelvin Thompson) (01/20/89)

I know somebody posted this a month or two ago, but I LOST THE INFO.
So sue me.

What's the phone number to call to get a packet about sending
films & videos to Siggraph '89?

Thanks in advance.

--
-- Kelvin Thompson, Lone Rider of the Apocalypse
   kelvin@cs.utexas.edu  {...,uunet}!cs.utexas.edu!kelvin

herzog@dogwalk.Sun.COM (Brian Herzog) (01/26/89)

In article <4609@cs.utexas.edu>, kelvin@cs.utexas.edu (Kelvin Thompson) writes:

> What's the phone number to call to get a packet about sending
> films & videos to Siggraph '89?

Call the SIGGRAPH Conference Management office at (312) 644-6610
(ask to speak to someone regarding SIGGRAPH info), or send email to
sba@watcgl.waterloo.edu or [..!]watmath!watcgl!sba

The deadline for Film & Video, er, "Computer Graphics Theater" entries
is May 9, 1989.

Incidentally, May 9 is also the deadline for Art Show animation
entries.  The deadline for 2D & 3D Art Show entries is February 28.
The contact for a contributor's packet is the same as above.

And, since someone is bound to ask, the deadline for paper submissions
and course & panel proposals *was* January 10.

Finally, in response to a query awhile back:
Due to popular demand, PAL-format versions of (recent) SIGGRAPH
video reviews are being considered.
Since not all the decision-makers are on the net, I'm willing to
collect messages supporting the idea.
Please *email* (don't post!) your votes, with a preference for 1/2 or
3/4 inch tape, and if possible the issues you'd most like to see in
PAL format.
Remember, you'll be expressing preferences, not placing orders!

Brian Herzog
herzog@sun.com
[..!]sun!herzog