[comp.graphics] 3-D TV ala Superbowl

floyd@rigel.PRC.Unisys.COM (Floyd Miller) (01/26/89)

Someone mentioned that rods are slower than cones.  I believe
that it's the other way around.  The cones are the cells are
color-sensitive and are the reason human eyes are less light-sensitive
than animals (because human eyes have a higher cone-to-rod ratio than animals).

So would the 3-D effect be lost if seen on a B/W set?

ain@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Pat-bob White) (01/27/89)

In article <9057@burdvax.PRC.Unisys.COM> floyd@rigel.PRC.Unisys.COM (Floyd Miller) writes:
>Someone mentioned that rods are slower than cones.  I believe
>
>So would the 3-D effect be lost if seen on a B/W set?

   I doubt it since at the light level most people watch TV, cones are still
the active sensors (despite that the picture is in B&W).

-- Pat White
ARPA/UUCP: k.cc.purdue.edu!ain  BITNET: PATWHITE@PURCCVM  PHONE: (317) 743-8421
U.S.  Mail:  320 Brown St. apt. 406,    West Lafayette, IN 47906