[comp.graphics] 24-bit pictures

james@cisunx.UUCP (Doug E James) (02/06/89)

	We recently purchased a 24-bit plane board for our Sun 3/260.  I
was wondering if anyone knows of any anonymous ftp sites where I might
find any pictures..
	Over the summer, I found one such site, but I do not remember
the name or internet number of the machine...  Please let me know by
mail if you know of any sites which I could get pictures from..

	Thank you for your time..
		Douglas James
		Advanced Graphics Lab
		University of Pittsburgh

cyrus@pprg.unm.edu (Tait Cyrus) (02/06/89)

In article <15590@cisunx.UUCP> james@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu (Doug E James) writes:
>	We recently purchased a 24-bit plane board for our Sun 3/260.  I
>was wondering if anyone knows of any anonymous ftp sites where I might
>find any pictures..
>	Over the summer, I found one such site, but I do not remember
>the name or internet number of the machine...  Please let me know by
>mail if you know of any sites which I could get pictures from..
>
>	Thank you for your time..
>		Douglas James
>		Advanced Graphics Lab
>		University of Pittsburgh

   I have a few (33) color images available via anonymous ftp from
pprg.unm.edu (192.31.154.1 or 129.24.13.10).  The path is:
	/pub/images/color/{general,new,old}/*
The files are compressed raw image files.  That is to say that for
each images, there are three files (red, green, and blue).  To
display on a 24-bit Sun board, you will have to create a Sun Rasterfile
header, colormap, and then append the 3 files.

   I am in the process of "attempting" to redigitize some of the
images (those located in ../new) with a color, 300 dpi, system so
as to have higher resolution images.  If I succeed in doing this,
I will post here letting everyone know.

---
W. Tait Cyrus   (505) 277-0806		e-mail: cyrus@pprg.unm.edu
University of New Mexico
Dept of ECE - Parallel Processing Research Group
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131