[comp.graphics] Location of GIF pics

odin@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (Jon Granrose) (02/09/89)

	What with all of the talk lately of GIF format and pictures, I was
wondering if there are any anonymous FTP sites which have collections of GIF
files.  So far I have found two locations (124.174.5.54 and a.cs.uiuc.edu).
I saw mention of "hubcap" but was unable to trace that to a specific Internet
site.  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if this has been covered previously, I checked the archives at albany
and did not see anything related to GIF format.  I will summarize to the net
if there is any interest.

Jon
---
|Jon Granrose         |ARPA: odin@ucscb.UCSC.EDU | CIS: 74036,3241 |   // Only |
|Cowell College, UCSC |UUCP: ...!ucbvax!ucscc!ucscb!odin |_________| \X/ Amiga!|
|Santa Cruz, CA 95064 |           "A mind is a terrible thing."                |

lasky@iris.ucdavis.edu (Ty A. Lasky) (02/10/89)

In article <6292@saturn.ucsc.edu> odin@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (Jon Granrose) writes:

>	What with all of the talk lately of GIF format and pictures, I was
>wondering if there are any anonymous FTP sites which have collections of GIF
>files.  So far I have found two locations (124.174.5.54 and a.cs.uiuc.edu).
>I saw mention of "hubcap" but was unable to trace that to a specific Internet
>site.  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

One site that I have discovered that does have some GIF files is

sumex.stanford.edu     (36.44.0.6)

The files that I know of are in a directory called info-mac.  However,
I would guess that they have some in other directories too.

Good Luck!

Ty A Lasky
UCD Robotics Research Lab