[comp.graphics] Submissions for SIGGRAPH

mpksla%ritcv@cs.rit.edu (02/08/89)

I think this has been posted before, but I don't recall a reply.  Does
anyone have information regarding submissions to SIGGRAPH?  Deadlines
for abstracts, etc would be very helpful.  An address and phone number
of someone to contact would be helpful.

thanks in advance.

Michael Kirby
mpk9172@ritvax.bitnet				BITNET
rochester!ritcv!mpk9172				UUCP

paulc@hpgrla.HP.COM (@Paul Charlton) (02/09/89)

>I think this has been posted before, but I don't recall a reply.  Does
>anyone have information regarding submissions to SIGGRAPH?  Deadlines
>for abstracts, etc would be very helpful.  An address and phone number
>of someone to contact would be helpful.
>
>thanks in advance.
> Michael Kirby

the first question is: "submissions to which ascpect of siggraph?"

 I know that the SIGGRAPH art show chairman is
 Mark Resch, at the Rensselaer Polytechic Institute CICG

 you can probably contact him through the main campus information
 phone "518-276-6000" (I don't remember the departmental phone number)

 Paul Charlton

 { paulc@hpgrai.hp.com } | { hplabs!hpgrai!paulc }

herzog@dogwalk.Sun.COM (Brian Herzog) (02/10/89)

In article <910@cs.rit.edu>, mpksla%ritcv@cs.rit.edu writes:
> I think this has been posted before, but I don't recall a reply.  Does
> anyone have information regarding submissions to SIGGRAPH?  Deadlines
> for abstracts, etc would be very helpful.  An address and phone number
> of someone to contact would be helpful.

Okay, one more time:

SIGGRAPH '89
July 31 - August 4, 1989
Boston, MA

Submission/Proposal/Entry deadlines
-----------------------------------
January 10:
   (yes, you're too late, even if you use Federal Express ;-)
   Paper submissions
   Panel Proposal
   Course Proposals
   Art Show Essays
February 28:
   2D & 3D Art Show entries
March 24
   Technical Slide Set submissions
May 9:
   Computer Graphics Theater (ie, Film & Video Show) entries
   Art Show Animation entries

There are guides available for authors, contributors, etc., which contain
further details, including where to send the various entries.
To recieve guides, or obtain further information about SIGGRAPH '89,
contact the SIGGRAPH conference management office at (312) 644-6610,
or send email to sba@watcgl.waterloo.edu ( ...!waterloo!watcgl!sba ).

Questions about SIGGRAPH in general (that is, the organization rather
than the conference) should be sent to siggraph@watcgl.waterloo.edu

A personal plea:  The Hynes Convention Center in Boston is going to be
very cozy.  Do yourself (and me) a favor:  register in advance!
Registration deadlines will be printed in the advance program, which
includes the registration form.  The advance program will be sent out in
late April or early May.  SIGGRAPH members will receive the program
automatically and need not request it.

-Brian Herzog ("Badge? I don't need no stinking badge!")
herzog@sun.com
[...!]sun!herzog