[comp.graphics] qrt v1.4

870646c@aucs.UUCP (Barry Comer) (02/18/89)

Would it be possible for someone to post the QRT v.1.4 from the Borland
sig on Compuserve to the net, and if not to this group could I get someone
to send it to me if possible(including source).

later
Barry

markv@tillamook.uucp (Mark VandeWettering) (02/19/89)

In article <1582@aucs.UUCP> 870646c@aucs.UUCP (Barry Comer) writes:
>Would it be possible for someone to post the QRT v.1.4 from the Borland
>sig on Compuserve to the net, and if not to this group could I get someone
>to send it to me if possible(including source).
>
>later
>Barry

If indeed it is redistributable, then send me a copy for inclusion in the
raytracing archive that I am maintaining at drizzle.cs.uoregon.edu, so that
it will be available to people on the internet.

Thanks again.

Mark VandeWettering (markv@cs.uoregon.edu)

labc-4dc@web-4d.berkeley.edu (Erik Talvola) (02/19/89)

In article <1582@aucs.UUCP> 870646c@aucs.UUCP (Barry Comer) writes:
>Would it be possible for someone to post the QRT v.1.4 from the Borland
>sig on Compuserve to the net, and if not to this group could I get someone
>to send it to me if possible(including source).
>
>later
>Barry

I would also be VERY interseted in obtaining a copy of the QRT v1.4 program,
especially with source.  Also, does anyone know where I could obtain a copy
of the source to the DBW Render program, or is it not available?  I have seen
this on the PC and really enjoyed it, but I would like to port it over to
a Sun or something faster so that I could generate the images more quickly.
Thanks for any info in advance.

--
Erik Talvola               | "It's just what we need... a colossal negative
labc-4dc@web.berkeley.edu  | space wedgie of great power coming right at us

rsb584@leah.Albany.Edu (Raymond S Brand) (02/19/89)

In article <20572@agate.BERKELEY.EDU>, labc-4dc@web-4d.berkeley.edu (Erik Talvola) writes:
> I would also be VERY interseted in obtaining a copy of the QRT v1.4 program,
> especially with source.  Also, does anyone know where I could obtain a copy
> of the source to the DBW Render program, or is it not available?  I have seen
[...]

DBW_Render 1.0 is available from albanycs.albany.edu via anonymous ftp in the
pub/graphics/ray-tracers directory. QRT may become available later.

Raymond S. Brand                 rsbx@beowulf.uucp
3A Pinehurst Ave.                rsb584@leah.albany.edu
Albany NY  12203                 FidoNet 1:7729/255 (518-489-8968)
(518)-482-8798                   BBS: (518)-489-8986

japplega@csm9a.UUCP (Joe Applegate) (02/21/89)

In article <20572@agate.BERKELEY.EDU>, labc-4dc@web-4d.berkeley.edu (Erik Talvola) writes:
> In article <1582@aucs.UUCP> 870646c@aucs.UUCP (Barry Comer) writes:
> >Would it be possible for someone to post the QRT v.1.4 from the Borland
> >sig on Compuserve to the net, and if not to this group could I get someone
> >to send it to me if possible(including source).
> >
> >later
> >Barry
>
> I would also be VERY interseted in obtaining a copy of the QRT v1.4 program,
> especially with source.  Also, does anyone know where I could obtain a copy
> of the source to the DBW Render program, or is it not available?  I have seen
> this on the PC and really enjoyed it, but I would like to port it over to
> a Sun or something faster so that I could generate the images more quickly.
> Thanks for any info in advance.

I just spent megabucks downloading QRT 1.4 only to find that it was compiled
with a switch that keeps it from running on an 8088 (which is what I have
at home)... I runs fine on my 286 at the office... I just managed to port
it to our Gould (BSD 4.3) and will post that source to the unix source group.

It does require a processor called RAW2TMP.EXE for which NO source was provided
I will uuencode that... but it will require running on a PC (it does work
on an 8088).

The QRT source WOULD NOT COMPILE under MSC 5.1 (gave an internal compiler
error) but it DID compile under 5.0 (oops MS goofs again!) so I will post
the binarys and demos to the IBM binaries group... which because of it's
moderation may take months to show up!!!

(I have nothing against the moderator... only against the moderation!)

Anyway it DOES work... and much faster than bwrender... though not as
powerful... and since their is source it works REAL well under UNIX!

			   - Joe Applegate -

     All views and opinions are my own and do not represent the views or
     opinions of the Colorado School of Mines, whatever they might be.