[comp.graphics] Sun Rasterfile format

monnie@rruxg.UUCP (Monnie Shambayati) (02/24/89)

In reference to Fuzzy BitMap software, where can I get a display
program for the Sun 3/60 running SUNOS 4.0 to display the Sun
Rasterfile format created by FBM?  Also, can someone give an example
of how I would convert a GIF format file to a Sun Rasterfile format
to be displayed in 8 bit color?

		...bcr!rruxh!monnie or

		rruxh!monnie@thumper.bellcore.com

kiron@db1.CS.Concordia.CA (Kiron Bondale) (02/25/89)

In article <243@rruxg.UUCP> monnie@rruxg.UUCP (Monnie Shambayati) writes:
>In reference to Fuzzy BitMap software, where can I get a display
>program for the Sun 3/60 running SUNOS 4.0 to display the Sun
>Rasterfile format created by FBM?  Also, can someone give an example
>of how I would convert a GIF format file to a Sun Rasterfile format
>to be displayed in 8 bit color?

	Ok for displaying Sun Rasterfiles, it should be possible to load them with the screenload command.... alternately a program using pixrects can be used.
As for converting GIF files to Sun Rasterfiles, there is a file called gif2ras.cthat is available at many archive sites.. If you are unable to find the file,
send me a message and I wil mail it to you...

Kiron

Kiron D. Bondale         Concordia University, Mtl, Quebec, Canada
"Never mourn Black Omne"-|_|-Habitat:kiron@sunkisd.CS.Concordia.CA