[comp.graphics] Encapsulated Postscript

paolucci@snll-arpagw.UUCP (Sam Paolucci) (10/27/88)

Can anybody tell me where I can get information on Encapsulated PostScript?

--
					-+= SAM =+-
"the best things in life are free"

				ARPA: paolucci@snll-arpagw.llnl.gov

jxh@cup.portal.com (Jim - Hickstein) (02/19/89)

My favorite document processing program (FinalWord, cum Sprint) mentions
that I can draw diagrams in my manuals by including "Encapsulated PostScript"
files that describe them.  How do I create these, and of what do they consist?
I have examined a few image editors sold into the PC Desktop Publishing market,
e.g. Publisher's Paintbrush from Z-Soft, and they seem to be raster-image
beasts which do not create .EPS files.  Where do I start?  I appeal to the
net!

P.S. This is great!  I was in China for three months last Summer and
couldn't get a phone call across Beijing to work reliably.  It's good to be
home.

-Jim Hickstein
jxh@cup.portal.com
...!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!jxh

mason@tc.fluke.COM (Nick Mason) (02/21/89)

In article <14820@cup.portal.com> jxh@cup.portal.com (Jim - Hickstein) writes:
>I have examined a few image editors sold into the PC Desktop Publishing market,
>e.g. Publisher's Paintbrush from Z-Soft, and they seem to be raster-image
>beasts which do not create .EPS files.  Where do I start?  I appeal to the
>net!

There is a program, HiJaak, that can take paintbrush, GEM, Dr.halo, GIF,
Lotus pic, and a few other file types as input, and convert them
to EPS.  I have had varying degrees of success with it, depending on the
input filetype.  I usually have to tweak the EPS header to change the
output picture size, etc, but thats not too much effort.

Email if you have questions.

Hijaak is from
		InSet Systems, Inc.
		12 Mill Plain Rd.
		Danbury, CT  06811

Nick Mason/ms272G/John Fluke Mfg Co/Box C9090/Everett WA 98206 USA
   mason@tc.fluke.COM
UUCP:
 {{cornell,decvax,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsrgv}!uw-beaver} \
{microsoft,gatech!sb1,hplabs!lbl-csam,decwrl!sun,sunup} - !fluke!mason
		 {ssc-vax,hplsla,wavetek,uw-vlsi,tikal} /
ARPA: fluke!mason@uw-beaver.ARPA
BITNET: "fluke!mason@uw-beaver.ARPA"@PSUVAX1.bitnet
"Avoid the Dull and Ignorant"

howeird@well.UUCP (Howard Stateman) (03/02/89)

Hewlett-Packard's Drawing Gallery program, Version 3, which just started
shipping, has the feature of sending its graphics to an EPS file.