[comp.graphics] Image Manipulation

In article <9648@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU>, yphotons@athena.mit.edu (Sun Warrior) writes:

>    Does any body know of any pc software or computer or anything
> really that can do the following. Lets you digitize some one and then
> after you have digitized them you can put different hairstyles on
> their head. Something you are likely to find in a beauty salon. I am
> looking for something like this not for playing with but for
> professional reasons. If you can help please drop a line at:
>
> yphotons@athena.mit.edu

Yes. To do this you need an Amiga (2000 would be better but a 500 would work)
A video digitizer such as LIVE or FRAMEGRABBER, A video Camera or camcorder,
and Photon Paint.

You use the camera to grab pictures and store them on disk in 4096 colors
(resolution is 320 x 400 or 320 x 200). You use Photon Paint to manipulate
the images. You can digitize a bunch of Hair-Styles and save them as
brushes (bits of pictures that can be inserted later into another drawing).
Then digitize your subject and call up Photon Paint again. erase their hair,
insert the brush of the Hair-style of your choice and paste it onto the
subject picture. You can also stretch the pictures, tint, and shade
(usefull for adding different color makeup if you wish, or changing hair color)

With a good color printer, you can even make a hard copy for your customer.

The prices are (ball park figures)
Amiga 2000: $1500  or Amiga 500: $500
LIVE: $300
FrameGrabber: $500
Photon Paint: $60
Camera: [see an electronics store]

--
John Sparks      // Amiga  |  {rutgers|uunet}!ukma!corpane!sparks
               \X/  UUCP   |  >> call D.I.S.K. @ 502/968-5401 thru 5406 <<

186,000 miles per second: it's not just a good idea, it's the law.