[comp.graphics] Differential forms

eugene@eos.UUCP (Eugene Miya) (03/06/89)

A friend and I are ready to embark on a little project.  Before we start,
we would be interested to see if anyone has implemented any software.
He has heard that perhaps some people at LLNL have done some work in this
area.  But if there are any other people using differential forms (say LANL,
or any centers for nonlinear dynamics), we would be interested in hearing
what you have, what dimensionality, and what hardware it runs on.

Ref:
%A William Burke
%T Applied Differential Geometry

Another gross generalization from

--eugene miya, NASA Ames Research Center, eugene@aurora.arc.nasa.gov
  resident cynic at the Rock of Ages Home for Retired Hackers:
  "Mailers?! HA!", "If my mail does not reach you, please accept my apology."
  {uunet,hplabs,ncar,decwrl,allegra,tektronix}!ames!aurora!eugene
  "Post follow ups.  Contribute to network noise."

gjfee@watmum.waterloo.edu (Greg Fee) (03/07/89)

In article <2815@eos.UUCP>, eugene@eos.UUCP (Eugene Miya) writes:
> A friend and I are ready to embark on a little project.  Before we start,
> we would be interested to see if anyone has implemented any software.
> He has heard that perhaps some people at LLNL have done some work in this
> area.  But if there are any other people using differential forms (say LANL,
> or any centers for nonlinear dynamics), we would be interested in hearing
> what you have, what dimensionality, and what hardware it runs on.
The computer algebra system "Maple" has a differential forms package.

yphotons@athena.mit.edu (Sun Warrior) (03/07/89)

   Does any body know of any pc software or computer or anything
really that can do the following. Lets you digitize some one and then
after you have digitized them you can put different hairstyles on
their head. Something you are likely to find in a beauty salon. I am
looking for something like this not for playing with but for
professional reasons. If you can help please drop a line at:

yphotons@athena.mit.edu

paolucci@snll-arpagw.UUCP (Sam Paolucci) (03/08/89)

In article <9648@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU> yphotons@athena.mit.edu (Sun Warrior) writes:
->
->   Does any body know of any pc software or computer or anything
->really that can do the following. Lets you digitize some one and then
->after you have digitized them you can put different hairstyles on
->their head. Something you are likely to find in a beauty salon. I am
->looking for something like this not for playing with but for
->professional reasons. If you can help please drop a line at:

You can do that quite easily and inexpensively with an Amiga, Live video
digitizer and a paint program (of which there are too many to list here).

->yphotons@athena.mit.edu

--
					-+= SAM =+-
"the best things in life are free"

				ARPA: paolucci@snll-arpagw.llnl.gov

mann@intacc.uucp (Jeff Mann) (03/13/89)

In article <9648@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU> yphotons@athena.mit.edu (Sun Warrior) writes:

>after you have digitized them you can put different hairstyles on
>their head. Something you are likely to find in a beauty salon. I am
>
>yphotons@athena.mit.edu

A system that does exactly this was demonstrated on Letterman a while
back; they put Dave's hair on Paul, gave Dave a bouffant (it was an
improvement) etc.

My TrueVision Software catalog lists "The Styling Machine", a software
package for the TrueVision PC-based Image Capture Board.  I think this
is the one that was demonstrated.  It lists at $10,500 which is a little
ridiculous, but if you are interested contact:

Ellen Deschatres
SEJA, Inc. 7 Nantucket Ln.
St. Louis, MO 63132 (800) 222-7352

I have no affiliation with SEJA, nor can I vouch for the quality of the system.

--
| Jeff Mann - Inter/Access Videotex, Toronto  ...uunet!mnetor!intacc!mann  |
| "A picture is worth 256 thousand words"  {utzoo, utgpu}!chp!intacc!mann  |