[comp.graphics] Hair Today

jwi@lzfme.att.com (Jim Winer @ AT&T, Middletown, NJ) (03/15/89)

> In article <9648@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU> yphotons@athena.mit.edu (Sun Warrior) writes:
> >
> >after you have digitized them you can put different hairstyles on
> >their head. Something you are likely to find in a beauty salon. I am
> >
> >yphotons@athena.mit.edu

On page 3 of: _The Designer's Portfolio_, a publication of DATA
TRANSLATION a promotional brochure for image capture boards,
PhotoMac, Digital Darkroom and a few other wonderful products that
we all know and love ;-), there is an article titled: _COMBputer,
ColorCapture(TM): Setting Standards in High Tech Hair Dye_ You can
probably obtain a copy by calling 1-800-522-0265.

The article (advertisement) describes the COMBputer Imaging System
(apparentlyfor beauty parlors) which captures the client's face with
a video camera. It then uses PhotoMac to retouch the image. There
are 1000 hair styles available on disk which can be cut, dyed,
etc. while the client is watching. Printouts can be taken home to
make a decision. For more information on this specific product,
contact: COMBputer Images, 10189 W. Sample Road, Coral Springs, FL
33065 or call 1-800-334-2795.

No affiliation, etc. I just read a lot and fill out lots of reader
service bingo cards.

Jim Winer ..!lzfme!jwi

I believe in absolute freedom of the press.
I believe that freedom of the press is the only protection we have
	from the abuses of power of the church,
	from the abuses of power of the state,
	from the abuses of power of the corporate body, and
	from the abuses of power of the press itself.
Those persons who advocate censorship offend my religion.