[comp.graphics] Executioner format GIF images question

ins_ajbh@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (JABBA) (03/16/89)

Is there some easy way to convert the executioner format
images on umn-cs.cs.umn.edu into real gif pictures under
UNIX?

		Thanx
--

jim

"Work is the Curse of the Drinking Class"

naughton%wind@Sun.COM (Patrick Naughton) (03/17/89)

In article <1143@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU> ins_ajbh@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (JABBA) writes:
>Is there some easy way to convert the executioner format
>images on umn-cs.cs.umn.edu into real gif pictures under
>UNIX?
>
>jim

Sure... I looked at the files there for a second and wrote this little hack.

have fun.

-Patrick

--start of included file iigif.c--------------------------------------------
/* iigif.c - converts Apple II "executioner" format GIF images to binary */

#include <stdio.h>

main()
{
char buffer[81];
char *val = "xx";
int i, len, n;

    do {
	fgets(buffer, 80, stdin);
	fprintf(stderr, "%s", buffer);
    } while (strcmp(buffer, "F00G\n") && (!feof(stdin)));

    while (!feof(stdin)) {
	fgets(buffer, 80, stdin);
	len = strlen(buffer);
	for (i = 0; i < len - 2; i += 2) {
		val[0] = buffer[i];
		val[1] = buffer[i + 1];
		sscanf(val, "%x", &n);
		printf("%c", n);
	}
    }
    exit(0);
}

    Patrick J. Naughton				    ARPA: naughton@Sun.COM
    Window Systems Group			    UUCP: ...!sun!naughton
    Sun Microsystems, Inc.			    AT&T: (415) 336 - 1080