[comp.graphics] Image Processing Textbooks

trichard@udenva.cair.du.edu (J. Thomas Richardson) (03/22/89)

I am trying to compile a list of books and articles on digital image pro-
cessing that deal with everything from basics to advanced technical
topics.  The only book I have seen which is entirely devoted to the
subject is DIGITAL PICTURE PROCESSING from Rosenfeld and Kak (1982).  Does
anyone know of any books published since then?  Please send me any
sources, ideas or requests through email.

Thomas Richardson
trichard@orion.cair.du.edu
trichard@DUCAIR.BITNET

flynn@pixel.cps.msu.edu (Patrick J. Flynn) (03/22/89)

In article <11400@duorion.cair.du.edu> trichard@orion.cair.du.edu.UUCP (Thomas Richardson) writes:

>I am trying to compile a list of books and articles on digital image pro-
>cessing that deal with everything from basics to advanced technical
>topics.  The only book I have seen which is entirely devoted to the
>subject is DIGITAL PICTURE PROCESSING from Rosenfeld and Kak (1982).  Does
>anyone know of any books published since then?
>
>Thomas Richardson

Here are a few (these are the books I own; this list is *definitely*
incomplete).

Dana Ballard and Chris Brown, "Computer Vision", Prentice-Hall, 1982 (I
think a new edition is out).

Theo Pavlidis, "Algorithms for Graphics and Image Processing", CS Press, 1982.

Wayne Niblack, "Digital Image Processing", P-H, 1986.

A.K. Jain, "Fundamentals of Digital Image Processing", P-H, 1989.

Rafael Gonzalez and Paul Wintz, "Digital Image Processing", 2nd ed, Addison-
Wesley, 1987.

Martin Levine, "Vision in Man and Machine", McGraw-Hill, 1985.

Berthold Horn, "Robot Vision", MIT Press, 1986.

Plus there are the old classics:

Ernest Hall, "Computer Image Processing and Recognition", Academic
Press, 1979.

W. Pratt, "Digital Image Processing", Wiley, 1978.

The books by Jain and Levine have extensive bibliographies.
--
Pat Flynn, CS, Mich. State U. | "What kind of chump do you take me for?" -Nick
flynn@cps.msu.edu             | "First Class!" -Rocky Rococo