[comp.graphics] help wanted in 3d graphics on Sun-3

apollo@ecf.toronto.edu (Vince Pugliese) (03/29/89)

instead of using SunCORE you should really be giving SunPHIGS a look!
hope this helps
                                         vince

jesse@ut-emx.UUCP (J. Driver) (03/30/89)

In article <819@mv07.ecf.toronto.edu>, apollo@ecf.toronto.edu (Vince Pugliese) writes:
> instead of using SunCORE you should really be giving SunPHIGS a look!
> hope this helps
>                                          vince

Better yet, use DORE, it's even better.  Jesse

Sandeep Mehta@bebop (Sandeep Mehta) (03/31/89)

In article <819@mv07.ecf.toronto.edu>, apollo@ecf (Vince Pugliese) writes:
>instead of using SunCORE you should really be giving SunPHIGS a look!
>hope this helps

I strongly second that. I've been using SunPHIGS for a few months now
and it's a big leap w.r.t CORE type packages. It's also one of the
better implementations of PHIGS around. I was using FIGARO (from
Template Graphics) last year, and it was really a very painful
experience, stemming from the complete lack of C bindings, and poor
(IM(H)O) documentation. I also like the (relatively) transparent
upgradability of SunPHIGS to a graphics accelerator (e.g. GP+, GP2). I
assume all one would have to do is relink the libraries with the new
device drivers, and get a few orders of magnitude performance improvement.

sandeep
--
Sandeep Mehta                                       ...to be or not to bop ?
uunet!philabs!bebop!sxm                             sxm@philabs.philips.com