[comp.graphics] ANS X3.122 question

mcdonald@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu (04/01/89)

I am looking for a source of information, preferably machine readable,
on the ANSI standard Computer Graphics MEtafile. This is
ANS X3.122-1986. It, alone among X3.86-X3.130, appears to be stolen
from our library :-((((( NCSA appears to have it on order but...
Any pointers would be welcome. (not on where to get it -to get
information before it arrives)

Doug McDonald (mcdonald@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu)

andrea@hp-sdd.hp.com (Andrea K. Frankel) (04/04/89)

In article <46900032@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu> mcdonald@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>I am looking for a source of information, preferably machine readable,
>on the ANSI standard Computer Graphics MEtafile. This is
>ANS X3.122-1986. It, alone among X3.86-X3.130, appears to be stolen
>from our library :-((((( NCSA appears to have it on order but...
>Any pointers would be welcome. (not on where to get it -to get
>information before it arrives)

ANSI has not yet worked out the logistics of making standards available
on-line; although it's looking more and more promising, I wouldn't hold
your breath.

I sincerely doubt anyone has typed the whole shebang in just for the
heck of it, and anyway it would violate their copyright (as would the
document editor making his troff source available via anonymous ftp -
so don't ask! ;@)

If, on the other hand, you're looking for an answer to a specific
question to get you going until your replacement copy arrives, there are
folks like me on the net who could probably help you out.

Andrea Frankel, Hewlett-Packard (San Diego Division) (619) 592-4664
	"wake now!  Discover that you are the song that the morning brings..."
UUCP     : {hplabs|nosc|hpfcla|ucsd}!hp-sdd!andrea
Internet : andrea%hp-sdd@hp-sde.sde.hp.com (or @nosc.mil, @ucsd.edu)
CSNET    : andrea%hp-sdd@hplabs.csnet
USnail   : 16399 W. Bernardo Drive, San Diego CA 92127-1899 USA