[comp.graphics] More info needed on SIGGRAPH in Boston

ksbooth@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Kelly Booth) (04/20/89)

In article <82294MJP104@PSUVM> MJP104@PSUVM.BITNET writes:

>     Someone kindly e-mailed me the address where I could get more information
>on the SIGGRAPH conference in Boston in August, but this organization (residing
>in Chicago) has yet to reply to my letter requesting information.

The advance program is being prepared more or less now and will be mailed soon.
Most of your questions will be answered then.

>     * Noteable individuals in the industry who will be in attendance.
	Everyone

>     * Where exactly the conference and other events will be held (buildings
>       and addresses).
	Hines Auditorium and most of the major hotels in Boston, July 31 thru
	August 4 with some associated events the weekend before.

>     * Location and approximate cost of available lodging, sponsored by the
>       conference or otherwise.
	(all this is in the housing forms that will come out)

>     * Tentative schedule of events, if available.
	(ditto)

	The advance program will also have travel information and a number
	for a travel agent (or you can use yours).

rjd@cbnewsl.ATT.COM (richard.j.dowe.jr) (04/21/89)

>      Perhaps someone can fill me in on some of the things that I requested in
> the letter. Specifically:
>
>      * Noteable individuals in the industry who will be in attendance.

Everyone! (no kidding)

>      * Where exactly the conference and other events will be held (buildings
>        and addresses).
>      * Location and approximate cost of available lodging, sponsored by the
>        conference or otherwise.
>      * Tentative schedule of events, if available.

All the above information will be contained in the SIGGRAPH '89
registration materials.  These are usually mailed out sometime in
May.  If you respond quickly when you receive the info, you will have
no problem getting your first choices in courses and lodging.  Probably
the reason you haven't heard from the folks in Chicago is they have put
you on the mailing list to receive the registration package.

Dick Dowe