[comp.graphics] Region implementation

jane@XAIT.Xerox.COM (Jane Eisenstein) (05/12/89)

A friend of mine is faced with porting a Macintosh program which makes
extensive use of regions to the IBM/PC.  Can anyone point me to an
explanation of how arbitrary regions are (or could/should be) implemented?

alan@Apple.COM (Alan Mimms) (05/13/89)

In article <45600@XAIT.Xerox.COM> jane@XAIT.Xerox.COM (Jane Eisenstein) writes:
>A friend of mine is faced with porting a Macintosh program which makes
>extensive use of regions to the IBM/PC.  Can anyone point me to an
>explanation of how arbitrary regions are (or could/should be) implemented?

You'll find a pretty general version written in C which is ALMOST as
good as QuickDraw's regions in the X11 release.  You can find anyone
who claims to be an "X Windows Weenie" and get the sources to

server/include/region.h, server/include/regionstr.h, server/ddx/mi/miregion.c.

That (I think) contains pretty much all you'll need.  There are a few
other .h files that'll contain definitions for things like boxes and
points, but you can mostly figure them out from context.

Hope this helps.
--

Alan Mimms                                      My opinions are generally
Communications Product Development Group        pretty worthless, but