[comp.graphics] Pointers to gif/raster version of Nagel

gautam@pyr.gatech.EDU (Gautam Shah) (05/17/89)

I'm posting this for a friend of mine, who does not have postnews access. Please
direct all replies to him at the addr given below.

Can anybody give me any pointers to gif or raster version
of Patrick Nagel's artwork. I do not have postnews access.
Mail your response to
			mephdbo@prism.gatech.edu

Thank you very much

Deeptendu Majumder

---------------------------------------

In article <8241@pyr.gatech.EDU>, gautam@pyr.gatech.EDU (Gautam Shah) writes:
> Can anybody give me any pointers to gif or raster version
> of Patrick Nagel's artwork. I do not have postnews access.

X-rated pics are OK, but this is definitely a violation of copyright. I would
not advise passing around digitised versions of copyrighted works.

Business: uunet.uu.net!ficc!peter, peter@ficc.uu.net, +1 713 274 5180.
Personal: ...!texbell!sugar!peter, peter@sugar.hackercorp.com.

coy@ssc-vax.UUCP (Stephen B Coy) (05/19/89)

> Can anybody give me any pointers to gif or raster version
> of Patrick Nagel's artwork. I do not have postnews access.
> Mail your response to
> 			mephdbo@prism.gatech.edu
>
> Thank you very much
>
> Deeptendu Majumder

Please remember that Nagel's artwork is protected by copyright.
Digitized versions are considered derivative works and as such
are also protected by his copyrights.

Now for a question.  Are hand drawn "copies" also protected?  By
hand-drawn I mean look alike copies drawn with a paint program.
Does this violate his "look and feel"?  :-)

Stephen Coy
uw-beaver!ssc-vax!coy