[comp.graphics] Converting .gif files to macintosh GIF

glenn@calvin.EE.CORNELL.EDU (Glenn Berg) (05/19/89)

How do you make GIF files readable on a Mac?  I tried ftping (binary)
some files from hubcap.clemson.edu, but after putting on the Mac,
neither Giffer or VisionLab could read them.

Any clues for this novice would be appreciated.

harvey@dtrc.arpa (Harvey) (05/19/89)

In article <1072@calvin.EE.CORNELL.EDU> glenn@calvin.EE.CORNELL.EDU (Glenn Berg) writes:
>How do you make GIF files readable on a Mac?  I tried ftping (binary)
>some files from hubcap.clemson.edu, but after putting on the Mac,
>neither Giffer or VisionLab could read them.
>
>Any clues for this novice would be appreciated.

You have to transfer the files with MacBinary turned off.

Betty Harvey
Microcomputer Support Group
David Taylor Research Center