[comp.graphics] Graphics specific magazines

shaulp@pnet02.cts.com (Shaul Peleg) (04/22/89)

 I am looking for some *good* grpahics specifics magazines. I remember seeing
something with a name close to 'COmputersGraphics Today' (I can't really
remember). Please help with this info, thanks.

BTW: I am not looking for any IBM graphics magazines like ones mentioned here
previously.

 Thanks alot! Shaul Peleg
 -=XL=-

UUCP: {ames!elroy, <backbone>}!gryphon!pnet02!shaulp
INET: shaulp@pnet02.cts.com

In article <14969@gryphon.COM> shaulp@pnet02.cts.com (Shaul Peleg) writes:

> I am looking for some *good* grpahics specifics magazines. I remember seeing
>something with a name close to 'COmputersGraphics Today' (I can't really
>remember). Please help with this info, thanks.
>
>BTW: I am not looking for any IBM graphics magazines like ones mentioned here
>previously.

Since this may be of interest to others I will post:
I can't find my issue _Computer Graphics Today_ so I can't list it here, but
below is a list of magazines that I know of. If anyone else knows of any,
please post them. I am always looking for more info. I am an info-junkie.
Like Johnny Five says: "more Input! more Input!".

------------------------The List-------------------------------------

Freebees [you have to tell them that you are in the graphics field]:

1. _Computer Graphics Review_, PO Box 12950  Overland Park, KS 66212-0950
     tel: not listed in mag
     Subjects: general graphics articles, ray tracing

2. communications channels inc - _Design Graphics World_
   6255 Barfield Road Atlanta, GA 30328-9988
     tel: (404) 256-9800
     Subjects: CAD/CAM/CAE

3. communications channels inc - _Design Management_
     same address as #2 above
     tel: (404) 256-9800
     Subject: CAD/CAM/CAE

Pay for Mags:

1. _Computer Graphics World_ - P.O. Box 122 Tulsa, OK 74101-9966
     [I think you can get this one for free if you qualify]
     Subjects: general Graphics, Animation, Business Graphics, CAD/CAM/CAE
     $28/yr (call 1-800-331-4463 for subscription orders)

2. _True Imaging_ - call (512) 250-1700
     Subjects: Targa Boards, Digitized picture and art manipulation. Mostly
     for MSDOS, but is starting to support Mac and Amiga.
     $39.95/yr

----
That's all I know of.
--
John Sparks   |  {rutgers|uunet}!ukma!corpane!sparks | D.I.S.K. 24hrs 1200bps
[not for RHF] |          sparks@corpane.UUCP         | 502/968-5401 thru -5406

mjb@aipna.ed.ac.uk (Michael Beaton) (04/27/89)

In article <14969@gryphon.COM> shaulp@pnet02.cts.com (Shaul Peleg) writes:

> I am looking for some *good* grpahics specifics magazines. I remember seeing
>something with a name close to 'COmputersGraphics Today' (I can't really
>remember). Please help with this info, thanks.

There is a magazine called Computer Images International, published by
Emap.Maclaren, which is well worth a look, if anybody knows of any other
good titles then do let me know as well.

jwi@lzfme.att.com (Jim Winer @ AT&T, Middletown, NJ) (04/28/89)

In article <14969@gryphon.COM>, shaulp@pnet02.cts.com (Shaul Peleg) writes:

>  I am looking for some *good* grpahics specifics magazines. I remember seeing
> something with a name close to 'COmputersGraphics Today' (I can't really
> remember). Please help with this info, thanks.
>
> BTW: I am not looking for any IBM graphics magazines like ones mentioned here
> previously.
>
>  Thanks alot! Shaul Peleg

Advanced Imaging
free to qualified
210 Crossways Park Dr.
Woodbury, NY 11797

Image analysis, high speed photography, PCs and Macs,
photomicrography, machine vision, etc.

Computer Pictures
free to qualified
Two Village Square West
Clfiton, NJ 07011

For the corporate executive - probably not what you want. They sent
me a free copy and I haven't had time to look at it yet. Table of
contents includes: How Fortune 1000 Use Computer Graphics,
Presentation -- slide or video.

Please post a summary if you get anything interesting.

Jim Winer ..!lzfme!jwi

I believe in absolute freedom of the press.
I believe that freedom of the press is the only protection we have
	from the abuses of power of the church,
	from the abuses of power of the state,
	from the abuses of power of the corporate body, and
	from the abuses of power of the press itself.
Those persons who advocate censorship offend my religion.

klee@daisy.UUCP (Ken Lee) (04/29/89)

In article <14969@gryphon.COM> shaulp@pnet02.cts.com (Shaul Peleg) writes:
> I am looking for some *good* grpahics specifics magazines. I remember seeing
>something with a name close to 'COmputersGraphics Today'

Well, there's "Computer Graphics World", which is a trade magazine for
manager type people, very non-technical.  More useful for engineers and
programmers are "IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications" and "ACM
Transactions on Graphics".  Sometimes the latter gets a little esoteric,
but most of the material is applicable to most good computer graphics R&D
groups.  The IEEE and ACM magazines are available from those organizations
and are found in most good technical libraries
--
Ken Lee
Daisy Systems Corp., Interactive Graphics Tools Dept.

Scott.Suess@f270.n106.z1.fidonet.org (Scott Suess) (05/20/89)

Mike here's a list that should keep you busy. I haven't seen many of
these but they should give you a good base to start from. Also this
message is being answered a little late but i just found this board.
Computer~G graphics Today.NCGA,8401 Arlington Blvd.Fairfax, VA. 22031
Computer Pictures. Backstage Publications, 165 W. 46th St. NY. NY. 10036
Computers and Graphics. Pergamon Press. Maxwell House, Fairview Park,
Elmsford, NY. 10523
IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications. IEEE, 10662 Los Vaqueros Circle
Los Alimitos, CA.
Pixel:The Animation Newletter. 217 George St. Toronto, Ontario, M5A 2M9,
Canada.
Computer Graphics World. 1714 Stockton, St. San Fransico CA.  94133.
Have fun!