[comp.graphics] I need a copy of the PHIGS standard

felleman@cg-atla.UUCP (John Felleman) (06/02/89)

I am trying to determine if PHIGS is an appropriate standard for a system
we are designing, and I need a copy of the standard.  I would also be interested
in any references which discuss the standard.  I am especially interested in
finding out what, if any, interchange formats exist for PHIGS information.

Thanks in advance.
--
John Felleman  (508)-658-5600 X7034
AGFA Compugraphic	    ...!{ima,ulowell,ism780c}!cg-atla!felleman

andrea@hp-sdd.hp.com (Andrea K. Frankel) (06/06/89)

In article <7076@cg-atla.UUCP> felleman@cg-atla.UUCP (John Felleman) writes:
>I am trying to determine if PHIGS is an appropriate standard for a system
>we are designing, and I need a copy of the standard.  I would also be interested
>in any references which discuss the standard.  I am especially interested in
>finding out what, if any, interchange formats exist for PHIGS information.

Order a copy from ANSI (sales:  212-642-4900).  It's ANSI standard
X3.144-1988.

Chapter 2 defines an archive file format, and Chapter 3 gives a clear
text encoding of that format.

Andrea Frankel, Hewlett-Packard (San Diego Division) (619) 592-4664
	"wake now!  Discover that you are the song that the morning brings..."
UUCP     : {hplabs|nosc|hpfcla|ucsd}!hp-sdd!andrea
Internet : andrea%hp-sdd@hp-sde.sde.hp.com (or @nosc.mil, @ucsd.edu)
CSNET    : andrea%hp-sdd@hplabs.csnet
USnail   : 16399 W. Bernardo Drive, San Diego CA 92127-1899 USA