[comp.graphics] Gif File Convert

Derick.Hayes@f12.n369.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Derick Hayes) (06/05/89)

I have The Complete Hand scanner and wish to scan photos in convert to
PC Paint, then touch them up, then convert them to GIF format...any
suggestions?

--
Derick Hayes via FidoNet node 1:369/11
UUCP: ...!uflorida!novavax!ankh!branch!12!Derick.Hayes

harvey@dtrc.arpa (Harvey) (06/08/89)

In article <132.248A25AC@branch.FIDONET.ORG> Derick.Hayes@f12.n369.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Derick Hayes) writes:
>I have The Complete Hand scanner and wish to scan photos in convert to
>PC Paint, then touch them up, then convert them to GIF format...any
>suggestions?

There is a program called EGA2GIF which takes a picture of what is displayed
on the screen then creates a GIF file of the contents.  I haven't used it
with PC Paint, but have with Freelance Plus and Harvard Business Graphics
and it works fairly well.  I think the program is available from SIMTEL20.

Betty Harvey  <harvey@dtrc.arpa>
Microcomputer Support Group
David Taylor Research Center

sun@me.utoronto.ca (06/08/89)

In article <132.248A25AC@branch.FIDONET.ORG> Derick.Hayes@f12.n369.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Derick Hayes) writes:
>I have The Complete Hand scanner and wish to scan photos in convert to
>PC Paint, then touch them up, then convert them to GIF format...any
>suggestions?
>

>--
>Derick Hayes via FidoNet node 1:369/11
>UUCP: ...!uflorida!novavax!ankh!branch!12!Derick.Hayes

I happened to come across a program that can convert Z-soft PC Paint or
Pictor (PCX or PIC) files to GIF files right away. I think that's
what you want. You can get a copy of the program by anonymous FTP.

site address: 128.163.128.6
location    : pub/msdos/Viewers/cvtgif.arc

I read the documentaton on that but haven't got a chance to actually try
out the program to see if it works or not.

Andy Sun (sun@me.utoronto.ca)

jack.bzoza@canremote.uucp (JACK BZOZA) (06/10/89)

There are a couple of public domain or shareware GIF converters around
including Compushow (CSHOW7B in its current incarnation).

Be <C>hatting with you.....
---
 * QDeLuxe 1.10 #168  Lead, follow or get out of the way !