[comp.graphics] LAST CALL FOR VOTES: sci.med.physics

james@rover.bsd.uchicago.edu (06/05/89)

To those interested,

	Voting for formation of sci.med.physics WILL CLOSE ON
JUNE 7.  Results will be posted on that day.

Thabk you for your attention,

James Balter
james@rover.uchicago.edu
"If the hat fits, slice it!"

mboen@nixpbe.UUCP (Martin Boening) (06/06/89)

james@rover.bsd.uchicago.edu writes:

>To those interested,

>	Voting for formation of sci.med.physics WILL CLOSE ON
>JUNE 7.  Results will be posted on that day.

>Thabk you for your attention,

>James Balter
>james@rover.uchicago.edu
>"If the hat fits, slice it!"

Ahem! What has this article got to do with subjects in comp.graphics ???
From the name of the proposed newsgroup I'd say : NOTHING! So, it should
never have appeared here, rather it should have been posted to news.groups
or some other news.* group. Looking at the header info I saw that this
article was posted to comp.graphics only. PLease stop such nonsense!

Martin

--
Email: in the   USA ->  ...!uunet!philabs!linus!nixbur!mboening.pad
       outside  USA ->  {...!mcvax}!unido!nixpbe!mboening.pad

james@rover.bsd.uchicago.edu (06/11/89)

In article <385@nixpbe.UUCP>, mboen@nixpbe.UUCP (Martin Boening) writes...

>Ahem! What has this article got to do with subjects in comp.graphics ???
>From the name of the proposed newsgroup I'd say : NOTHING! So, it should
>never have appeared here, rather it should have been posted to news.groups
>or some other news.* group. Looking at the header info I saw that this
>article was posted to comp.graphics only. PLease stop such nonsense!

I'm sorry, Martin, but I posted individually to each involved group.
If you had bothered to check news.groups, you would have seen my posting.
Also, If you had followed this group, you would also have seen that
I posted the original proposal for the group quite some time ago,
and I just posted the voting results, both of which discuss the
fact that imaging applications are a major part of medical physics. I wish
I could bring that out better in the name, but medical physics just happens
to be the field that covers medical imaging applications.  Up until now,
the only available forums for discussing medical imaging applications have
been sci.med, comp.graphics, comp.ai.vision, and sci.physics, with no strong
pool in any of them on the merger of information necessary for the applications.

I would be very careful in the future to call anything NONSENSE without taking
the small effort to see if it reallly IS nonsense!

James Balter
james@rover.uchicago.edu
"If the hat fits, slice it!"