[comp.graphics] NURBS

uro@infko.UUCP (Uwe und Roland) (11/09/88)

Hi,
I am searching for literature, fundamental articles etc.,
dealing with "NURBS" (Non Uniform Rational Beta Splines).

Is there anybody who can help me? Please e-mail!

Thanks
	roland

Roland Berling,
Universitaet Koblenz (EWH)
Informatik
Rheinau 3-4
D-5400 Koblenz  (West Germany)

UUCP: ..mcvax!unido!infko!uro             uro@infko.UUCP

DMLAUR@pucc.Princeton.EDU (David M. Laur) (11/11/88)

In article <435@infko.UUCP>, uro@infko.UUCP (Uwe und Roland) writes:
>I am searching for literature, fundamental articles etc.,
>dealing with "NURBS" (Non Uniform Rational Beta Splines).
>
>Is there anybody who can help me?
>
>Roland Berling,
>Universitaet Koblenz (EWH)
>Informatik
>Rheinau 3-4
>D-5400 Koblenz  (West Germany)

I've not got an exact reference for you, but I spent part of yesterday
reading a draft copy of some NURBS documentation for the next(?) release
of the Silicon Graphics software library.  The paper was called:

     "Trimmed NURBS Surface Graphics Library Interface"

I recall that there was a pretty clear description of the math involved.
Also there were several bibliography entries, but I don't remember them
precisely, here's some fragments though:

     A Practical Guide to Splines, deBoor(?)  Springer(?)
     Curves & Surfaces for Computer Aided Geometric Design, Farin(?)

also I think there is both a textbook and a magazine named
"Computer Aided Geometric Design"  -  maybe a literature search
using this phrase or "CAGD" and NURBS would turn up useful