[comp.graphics] IBM PC scrn dump=>Apple Laserwriter

bhowmik@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu (06/21/89)

I need a Way to capture a screen dump on an IBM XT (CGA graphics) to a file,
and then print the file to an Apple Laserwriter (that is on an Apple LocalTalk
network that has an IBM AT connected to it).  I can use the shareware
program FSPOOL to capture it in a file, but then can not print it to the
laserwriter.  Is there any way to either convert the file FSPOOL produces
to postscript format, or is there software out there that will do a
screen dump to a file in postscript.

				thanks

	Prasanta Bhowmik
	University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana
	internet: bhowmik@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu
	csnet:    bhowmik%uxh@uiuc.csnet
	uucp:     {puree,convex,uunet,...}!uiucuxc!uxh!bhowmik
	bitnet:   bhowmik%uxh.bitnet@uiucvmd

vgopal@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (venu.p.gopal) (06/23/89)

In article <11800001@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu> bhowmik@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>I need a Way to capture a screen dump on an IBM XT (CGA graphics) to a file,
>and then print the file to an Apple Laserwriter (that is on an Apple LocalTalk
>network that has an IBM AT connected to it).  I can use the shareware
>program FSPOOL to capture it in a file, but then can not print it to the
>laserwriter.  Is there any way to either convert the file FSPOOL produces
>to postscript format, or is there software out there that will do a
>screen dump to a file in postscript.
>	Prasanta Bhowmik 	University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana

SCRtoPS is a program that will do what you want.  It will capture the
CGA / EGA / VGA screen in PostScript and send it to a printer or
save it in a file.  It is a TSR program that takes up about 9 K of memory
and can be removed from memory.  It also supports many SuperVGA modes
(800x600x256) etc.

The program can also convert color to greyscale (useful for images),
scale the picture, do portrait or landscape, do xon/xoff on the serial
port.

It also supports text, including the IBM character graphics.

The price is $29.95 + 6.75% tax for IL residents and is available from:

		Offe Enterprises
		1163 E. Ogden Ave., #705-131
		Naperville, IL 60540
		(312)-357-6679

Venu P. Gopal
UUCP:	att!ihuxy!vgopal
Internet: vgopal@ihuxy.att.com
BITNET: com%"vgopal@ihuxy.att.com"   or   com%"vgopal%ihuxy@research.att.com"
Silence those silent letters and save the world 500 million keystrokes a day.