[comp.graphics] Prodigy - Naplps

dave@oldcolo.UUCP (Dave Hughes) (07/10/89)

Does anyone know any net-contact with programmers working
with Naplps on the IBM-Sears 'Prodigy' product? Or even
Bell Canada's 'Alex' service. (online naplps-based advertising
service)

dave@oldcolo.UUCP (Dave Hughes) (07/10/89)

 My previous request did not include my signature. Not sure it went
out with pathway back to me correctly.

--
Dave Hughes          Old Colorado City Communications
"It is better to light one screen than cursor the darkness"

ray@iroquois.cis.ohio-state.edu (william c ray) (07/12/89)

In article <195@oldcolo.UUCP> dave@oldcolo.UUCP (Dave Hughes) writes:

> My previous request did not include my signature. Not sure it went
>out with pathway back to me correctly.

gee this has a whole H*LL of a lot to do with graphics, now dosent it?

query, apparently some have worked on getting the DBW raytracer to work on
suns... I have a version for the macintosh II, with which I am having some
trouble.  the program as it sits generates 4bits/color (I think).  I have
checked what it actually is giving, and on 'glass' I get a whopping total
of 39 distinct colors... why is it doing this?  I am running a supermac
monitor, w/256 colors out of 16million, so whats the problem?

next query, I upped the bits per color to 8, just for the hell of it, and
actualy got less colors in my output... guesses?

(disclaimer, Im not that sure how the mac color routines work anyway... I cant
afford Inside Macintosh)

BTW, if anyone is interested, I modified the mac version to generate any
sized screen image desired, and will post the mods if anyone out there who
has tried to enlarge the window, and run into lightspeeds 32K limit is
interested...    (actually, I think it wont generate more than
about 700 lines of vertical resolution, but thats sufficient for most of
us big screeners)

>--
>Dave Hughes          Old Colorado City Communications
>"It is better to light one screen than cursor the darkness"
>hp-lsd!oldcolo!dave
>                                            Bill Robinson

Oh, gee, now I see what was worth wasting 6 or so messages worth of
bandwidth....