[comp.graphics] Re - SIGGRAPH

siggraph@watcgl.waterloo.edu (07/28/89)

| From ksbooth  Fri Jul 28 08:58:02 1989
| To: siggraph
| Subject: Re: SIGGRAPH (What's Where)
| Newsgroups: comp.graphics
|
| In article <107@suntc.UUCP>:
| >I am off to SIGGRAPH next week and really am unaware of what's where.
| >About the only plans I have made is for Hotel and Air.
| >
| >Could someone fill me in on where I should go when I arrive to register?
| >Is there a Limosine, etc?
| >
| >Thanks.

1.  On-site registration is at Level 3 of the Hynes Convention Center,
Boston, MA (adjacent to the Sheraton Boston, the conference
headquarters hotel) starting noon on Sunday, July 30.  To get there
from the airport take a taxi, the free shuttle to the MBTA (the transit
system), or one of the city buses.

2.  Complete information on hotels, registration procedures, airline
discounts, and ground transportation is in the SIGGRAPH '89 Advance
Program.  Each year this is mailed to all members of SIGGRAPH,
attendees of previous conferences (using information collected through
the insidious and all-powerful badge system :), and to others who have
requested the information (a posting to this news group some months ago
suggested that people wanting to be added to the list send e-mail to
this userid).  Most conference activities are described in the Advance
Program.  Maps are there too.

3.  Complete on-site information for all activities, including room
numbers and exact times, are the SIGGRAPH '89 Final Program, which is
available on-site to all attendees.  This is not availble prior to the
conference because it is printed just in time for the opening of
registration, to ensure accurate and up-to-date information.

3.  Although on-site registration is welcomed by SIGGRAPH, those who
pre-register enjoy substantial discounts, are more likely to be able to
register for the courses of their choice, get an earlier crack at
hotels, and avoid some (we hope all) of the registration delays if
there are large crowds at registration.

5.  If you wish to be added to the mailing list for next year's
SIGGRAPH '90 Advance Program, send e-mail to "siggraph@cgl.waterloo.edu".