[comp.graphics] 1989 ACM SIGGRAPH Careers Survey

stephan%grimalkin@Sun.COM (Stephan R. Keith) (08/18/89)

		ACM SIGGRAPH EDUCATION COMMITTEE
		  1989 SIGGRAPH Careers Survey

Hello, again.  All of the SIGGRAPH members should have received
their copy of the special issue of the Computer Graphics Career
Handbook by now.  This is Computer Graphics Volume 23, Number 1,
February 1989.  Although we should have pointed it out, there is
a copy of the 1989 SIGGRAPH Careers Survey in the back of the
handbook which may be easily removed for completion.

The members of the SIGGRAPH Careers Handbook team wanted to
be certain that everyone who may want to participate had a
chance to do so.  It was brought to our attention that the
survey form was not that visible and easily overlooked.  So
if you have the Careers Handbook, and you have not filled out
the survey form and sent it in, here is your chance to do so.

For those of you who have filled out the survey and returned it,
please allow me to offer many thanks for doing so.  We presently
have 425 completed surveys.  Nonetheless, we would like to
get more of them if possible (We are looking for 1000 samples
if we can get them).  We would also like to hear more from the
people who are USERS of computer graphics as well as developers, so
please do participate.

For those of you who are not members of SIGGRAPH, but would still
like to participate in the survey, please email to me your U.S.
MAILING Address, OR send a request for the 1989 SIGGRAPH
Careers Survey to:

			Stephan R. Keith
			ACM SIGGRAPH Education Committee
			424 Custer Road
			Hayward, CA  94544

Please note that this is the same call for survey participation
sent out approximately two months ago.  The call for participation
will continue for at least through November 1, 1989.

For those of you who want the handbook, here is the ordering
information (because I KNOW someone out there is going to ask for
it):

	ACM Order Department		Member Price: $12.75
	P.O. Box 64145			Non-Member Price: $17.00
	Baltimore, Maryland 21264	ACM Order Number 429-891
	301/528-4261

For all of the Companies out there, there is a survey in there for you
as well, the "ACM SIGGRAPH Career Information Project Questionnaire",
"Company Information - for publication".

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Again, many thanks, and let's hear from you!!

Steve Keith

--
Stephan R. Keith
Sun Microsystems, Inc.			Internet:  stephan@sun.com

ksbooth@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Kelly Booth) (08/19/89)

In article <122238@sun.Eng.Sun.COM> stephan%grimalkin@Sun.COM (Stephan R. Keith) writes:

>For those of you who are not members of SIGGRAPH, but would still
>like to participate in the survey, please email to me your U.S.
>MAILING Address, OR send a request for the 1989 SIGGRAPH
>Careers Survey to:
>
>			Stephan R. Keith
>			ACM SIGGRAPH Education Committee
>			424 Custer Road
>			Hayward, CA  94544

I'm sure Steve will accept foreign mail addresses too.  Just not e-mail
addresses. :)

stephan%grimalkin@Sun.COM (Stephan R. Keith) (08/22/89)

Kelly Booth correctly pointed out that I need a mailing address
for those of you who want to participate in the survey, not email
addresses.  So please feel free to send to me your MAILING address!
(Thank you, Kelly, for pointing that out.)

Please let me make it clear that this survey is a survey of the
PROFESSION, which (in my opinion) SIGGRAPH serves ...
and this means everyone, planetwide.

Please allow me to offer my apologies for the unintentional
restriction to U.S. Mail, and encourage everyone who is interested
to participate.

Many thanks,

Steve Keith