[comp.graphics] Source Wanted for 3D Glasses

lorensen@dwaskill.crd.ge.com (Bill Lorensen) (08/25/89)

I'm looking for a source for 3D glasses with red/blue filters that are
used for viewing 3D comic books. I've tried local comic book stores,
but they only sell them with the comic books. I need a large number
(maybe more than 100) so I suspect I need to find a distributor.

Respond by e-mail if you have info to:
	lorensen@crd.ge.com

Thanks
--
Bill Lorensen
	US Mail:GE Corporate Research and Development

spencer@eecs.umich.edu (Spencer W. Thomas) (08/26/89)

As the poster of a recent query for 3-D slide viewers, let me point
you to the same place almost all my respondents pointed me:
	REEL 3-D Enterprises, Inc
	P.O. Box 2368
	Culver City, CA 90231

	(213)837-2368

Phone (credit card) orders must be over $20.

I find stock no. 7011 - plastic frame glasses - for $5.95/5pair and
stock no. 7001 - cardboard frame - for $2.45/5pr

They also have red/green glasses for "most European produced 3-D
comics ... using red and green colors".  Stock no. 7013, 7.99/5pr.

--
=Spencer (spencer@eecs.umich.edu)

olsen@hpfcdq.HP.COM (John Olsen) (08/30/89)

spencer@eecs.umich.edu (Spencer W. Thomas) writes:
>I find stock no. 7011 - plastic frame glasses - for $5.95/5pair and
>stock no. 7001 - cardboard frame - for $2.45/5pr

>They also have red/green glasses for "most European produced 3-D
>comics ... using red and green colors".  Stock no. 7013, 7.99/5pr.

Blech!!  If you want to pick up a bunch of red/blue stereo glasses, stop
by your local comic book store and you can probably find them for a lot
less than that (20-30 cents each?).  I did this for a project last year,
and handed the glasses out to a class so I could show red/blue overheads.
I also passed around a 3 Stooges 3D comic book, which was a big hit. :^)

John M. Olsen, Graphics Software Engineer
olsen@hpfcdq.HP.COM  -or-  ...!hplabs!hpfcdq!olsen
(W) Hewlett-Packard, Mail Stop 73, 3404 E. Harmony Road, Ft Collins, CO 80525
(H) 700 E. Drake Rd. #E12, Ft Collins, CO 80525