[comp.graphics] WANTED: GIF viewer for Tandy modes

JRA102@PSUVM.BITNET (Jim Achuff) (09/24/89)

Does anybody have, or know where I can get a GIF viewer that supports the Tandy
320X200 16 color mode? Or is there anyone out there who feels like writing one?
This would be a big help since GIF in CGA look real $#%&*@. Any help would be
appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
--Jim

andyross@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Andrew Rossmann) (09/25/89)

In article <89267.001035JRA102@PSUVM.BITNET> JRA102@PSUVM.BITNET (Jim Achuff) writes:
>Does anybody have, or know where I can get a GIF viewer that supports the Tandy
>320X200 16 color mode? Or is there anyone out there who feels like writing one?
>This would be a big help since GIF in CGA look real $#%&*@. Any help would be
>appreciated.
>Thanks in advance,
>--Jim

  Version 7 of CSHOW contains driver files that support many extra modes. In
fact, most versions have a #J switch that allows the 320x200x16 mode (this
is real slow though). Version 7 contains a driver (VIDEOT2.DRV) that
supports the 640x200x16 mode of the SL/TL.
  For the best looking pictures, get a VGA card. It works fine in my
1000SX.

  Andrew Rossmann
  andyross@ddsw1.MCS.COM