[comp.graphics] Sun graphics

se433@db1.CS.Concordia.CA (Kiron Bondale) (11/13/88)

Question to all...
does anyone know any anonymous hosts that have some Sun b&w raster files?
Any information would be deeply appreciated!!!!
(or maybe info. about a X11 to raster file converter?)

thanks a googol to all!!!

Kiron

| Kiron D. Bondale | Concordia University, Montreal,  |
| a.k.a The Ninja  | Quebec, Canada, Planet Earth, Sol|

handeli@lll-lcc.llnl.gov (David Handeli) (11/22/88)

With Sun OS 4 not supporting SunCore or SunCGI (which
is their only good graphics packages) what are people
planning to do? Is any legal action planned against Sun?

dwf@lanl.gov (Dave Forslund) (11/22/88)

From article <2128@lll-lcc.llnl.gov>, by handeli@lll-lcc.llnl.gov (David Handeli):
> With Sun OS 4 not supporting SunCore or SunCGI (which
> is their only good graphics packages) what are people
> planning to do? Is any legal action planned against Sun?

Where did this information come from?  I have SunCore and SunCGI on my
SUNOS4.0 system.  I have also purchased SunPHIGS1.0 which is much better than
either SunCore or SunCGI.

Dave Forslund
(dwf@lanl.gov)

bickel@nprdc.arpa (Steven Bickel) (11/23/88)

  I believe they are still supporting Suncore and CGI but are
  phasing them out and replacing them with PHIGS. We have 4.0
  and it comes with Suncore (I have not looked for CGI).

  Steve
          Steve Bickel                          bickel@nprdc.arpa
	  Systems Engineering Assoc.            (619) 553-9306
	  Naval Personel R & D Center.

Sandeep Mehta@bebop (Sandeep Mehta) (11/23/88)

In article <6461@lanl.gov>, dwf@lanl (Dave Forslund) writes:

>Where did this information come from?  I have SunCore and SunCGI on my
>SUNOS4.0 system.  I have also purchased SunPHIGS1.0 which is much better than
>either SunCore or SunCGI.

Has anyone done comparitive tests of SunPHIGS vs. other PHIGS implementations
on the Sun platform. I have been using FIGARO (from Template) which has been a
nightmare without any C language bindings. I am switching over to SunPHIGS next
month (which is implemented in C) but would like to know how well it performs
(i.e. is it optimized for the Sun), and if it is easy to mix SunView primitives
and SunPHIGS graphics primitives on the same display, e.g. I'd much rather use
the Sun mouse functions on a display canvas.

Thanks in advance.

-sandeep
--
Sandeep Mehta                                       ...to be or not to bop !
uunet!philabs!bebop!sxm                             sxm@philabs.philips.com

kirlik@chmsr.gatech.edu (10/01/89)

Hello,

I'm looking for a software package for doing real-time animation
on a Sun using C. The ideal product would be a set of callable
routines (CIRCLE(x,y,rad),MOVABS(x,y), etc.) that can be embedded
right in my source code. I am aware of many interface tools but
these seem too constraining in that they force you to do too much
through menus and windows.  Any tips on a similar package for the
MAC II would also be appreciated.

Thank you,

Alex Kirlik

UUCP:	kirlik@chmsr.UUCP