[comp.graphics] "Fractals. Fractal Programming in C" by R.T.Steves

georgiou@rex.cs.tulane.edu (George Georgiou) (09/24/89)

This is a new book (Fractals. Fractal Programming in C., by R.T. Stevens,
ISBN 1-55851-037-0), and I am thinking of bying it. Does anybody have
any comments on this book ? It comes with or without a disk. Is the disk
worthwhile ?

Thanks.
--

George Georgiou
Computer Science Department

nuharlow@ndsuvax.UUCP (Jay B. Harlow) (10/01/89)

In article <1119@rex.cs.tulane.edu> georgiou@rex.cs.tulane.edu (George Georgiou) writes:
>This is a new book (Fractals. Fractal Programming in C., by R.T. Stevens,
>ISBN 1-55851-037-0), and I am thinking of bying it. Does anybody have
>any comments on this book ? It comes with or without a disk. Is the disk
>worthwhile ?
>
>Thanks.
>--
>
>George Georgiou
>Computer Science Department
>Tulane University
>New Orleans, LA 70118
>georgiou@rex.cs.tulane.edu

    I got this book w/disk and find it rather useful, ( i dislike typing in
listings ;-).  The only problems I have is
1)  He used Turbo C to compile the libraries, I have Quick C.
2)  His Hercules Routines Do Not Work with my TRUE Hercules Card.

I would suggest getting the book, with disk. I am solving 1 by recompiling,
and 2 by rewritting using the Quick C library ( also lets me have 1 version
for both Hercules & our EGA/VGA systems on campus)

     Hopes this Helps
	Jay B. Harlow

Jay B. Harlow
<nuharlow@plains.nodak.edu>
uunet!ndsuvax!nuharlow (UUCP)
nuharlow@ndsuvax (Bitnet)

Of course the above is personal opinion, And has no bearing on reality...