[comp.graphics] GIF to X11 pixmap - how

johnny@edvvie.at (Johann Schweigl) (09/27/89)

How could I convert GIF-files to X11 pixmaps ?
Is there any PD source that does the job?
Thanx, Johnny
       EDV Ges.m.b.H Vienna              Johann Schweigl
       Hofmuehlgasse 3 - 5               USENET: johnny@edvvie.at
       A-1060 Vienna, Austria      Tel: (0043) (222) 59907 257 (8-19 CET)

brtmac@hobbes.ksu.ksu.edu (Brett McCoy) (10/03/89)

In article <163@eliza.edvvie.at> johnny@edvvie.at (Johann Schweigl) writes:
>How could I convert GIF-files to X11 pixmaps ?
>Is there any PD source that does the job?
>Thanx, Johnny

The PBM library of graphics conversion programs has utilities for converting
from nearly any format to nearly any other format, including GIF to X11.  I
have converted GIF files to both .xbm and .xwd files and both have worked
fine.  The pbm package is available on 'uunet.uu.net' in directory
/X/contrib.R3.  You will want the file 'pbmplus.tar.Z' which is the lastest
version that I know of, and works better than the older version.

Brett McCoy                |  God is real, unless declared integer
brtmac@ksuvm.ksu.edu       |
bmc@phobos.cis.ksu.edu     |  If you don't get caught,
brtmac@hobbes.ksu.ksu.edu  |  did you really do it?